Friday 27 August 2010

SCENE 3
(Or is it 4. Sometimes I know I have written a piece of text, a sentence or a phrase thereof, and then I cannot find it. Perhaps Find would find it, perhaps not. But it does not matter. It seems to me to matter at the time, but perhaps it is the case that it will impress upon the characters more when they themselves read it after I have re-wrote it, whether useth the same words or different ones. As I do not forget what I have written. Their absence from the printed text reminds me of what I said.)
IR
Do you think it would be permissible to the courts if I try to have my book published using the correct postal application processes? For it seems to me that, and it is only a feeling, such a procedure might get problematic.
(a beat)
BIT-PART
All we can do is try Ir, are you a ward of court?
(a beat)
IR
No.
(a beat)
(And what of you, why don't you do it for me if I pay for the air fare?)
BIT-PART
Ir why don't you ask him, or is it her, to do it for you?
(a beat)
IR
Alright I will, although I have another idea.
(a beat)
(It is difficult you see, where I am).

No comments: