Friday 18 December 2009

18-12-09

The Next Day
(a beat)
Last night as I lay on my bed unable to sleep, the alarm on for 5.30 am, I could not remember much of the text of solicitor's email to me, even now perhaps three lines which I cannot make out. But one thing I want to ask her: Did she mean immediately?
(a beat)
It was icy cold when I came out and met a utility worker at the bus stop, he told me the busses start running at 5.30. (I had turned off the alarm so as not to alert my neighbors, and so I did not sleep). Snow all over the pavement, roads, and the odd car. People just driving them to work or wherever without wiping it off. Another gothic landscape laid out in front of me.
(a beat)
I went to Edmonton Green intent on sitting there in a hot spot, then going to the mental health place on Fore Street at 9 o clock, confident that I was not walking into a trap. But it was too cold. I had thermal clothing on etc. A bus came so I got on that and went to Tottenham Hale.
(a beat)
I used up my phone's air time calling the doctor's secretary at 9 o clock, who told me that he is on leave, I think for a week.

No comments: